Symantec 250-253 : Administration of Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Unix Exam
The Symantec 250-253 (Administration of Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Unix) examination is required to receive the related certification. It is a 120-minute exam that will include 100-110 questions testing knowledge of cluster environment, service groups, configuration, and high availability requirements. The exam is only available in the English language.
Candidates can prepare for the Symantec 250-253 test by looking over the exam objectives, study guide, and sample exam that is offered on the Symantec website. A recommended five-day training course (online or instructor-led), Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Unix: Administration, can be taken; it will review most information found on the exam. Product documentation can also be read, while at least three months of experience working with UNIX and the Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 is highly suggested. A passing score of 78% is required.
Participants must be able to do such things as:
1. Administer and manage a VCS environment
2. Evaluate the environment
3. Configure and verify a cluster
4. Determine troubleshooting techniques and VCS behavior in instances of problems
5. Prepare an application and configure service groups for VCS High Availability requirements
6. Explain triggers and service group relationships
7. Configure and reconfigure notification methods and cluster communications
8. Implement data protection mechanisms