Oracle 1z0-898 : Java EE 6 Java Persistence API Developer Certified Expert Exam
The Oracle 1z0-898 Java EE 6 Java Persistence API Developer CE exam is 135-minute test comprised of 64 questions total. The associated certification is Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Java Persistence API Developer, in which the candidate should gain the knowledge required to build robust back-end functionality using Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB[TM]) version 3.1 technology.
A recommended training course, Building Database Driven Applications with JPA Ed 1, can be taken for further preparation. The Oracle 1z0-898 exam is available in English and will soon be available in Japanese. A passing score of 61% is required.
Exam topics will include:
1. Overview of the Java Persistence API - Describe the basics of ORM and the key concepts of Persistence API, including entity, entity manager, and persistence unit
2. Entities and the Entity Manager - Describe the difference between objects and entities and persistent fields and properties, identify common annotations, describe the entity life cycle, and describe the relationship between an entity manager, a persistence context, and a persistence unit.
3. Entity Inheritance, Entity Relationships, and Object-Relational Mapping
4. Using the Java Persistence API Query Language and Criteria API
5. Using the Java Persistence API in a Container - Using from a servlet and from a stateless session bean
6. Implementing Transactions and Locking - Describe the transaction demarcation management, implement container-managed transactions (CMT) and bean-managed transactions (BMT), and apply transactions to the Java Persistence API
7. Advanced Java Persistence API Concepts - Specify composite primary keys, override mappings, and understand entity listeners and callback methods
8. Queuing concepts - Find an entity by its primary key and understand basic queries