Oracle 1z0-879 : Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Certified Professional Upgrade Exam
The Oracle 1z0-879 Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator CP upgrade exam is a 70-minute test with 57 total questions. It is necessary for obtaining the upgrades Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator certification, which shows that performing essential system administration procedures and administering a network service on the Solaris OS are mastered concepts.
Two training courses are available: Solaris Advanced Installation Technologies, and the two-part course, System Administration for the Solaris 10 OS. A two-part practice exam can also be accessed online. A passing score of 54% is required. The Oracle 1z0-879 exam is available in the English and Japanese languages.
The Oracle 1z0-879 exam will require participants to know how to do the following things:
1. Manage file systems - Candidate must explain things like directory hierarchy and disk architecture, check and resolve file system inconsistencies, and perform mounts/unmounts, package administration, etc.
1. Perform system boot and shutdown procedures for SPARC, x64, and x86-based systems
2. Manage network printers and system processes - view processes, clear frozen processes, and schedule automatic execution of commands
3. Perform user and security administration, and manage user accounts and initialization files
4. Perform system backup and restore
5. Install software - explain and perform OS installation and upgrade options
- Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Database Administrator
- Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Certified Expert
- Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database 11g Release 2 SQL Tuning
- Oracle Data 11g Certified Implementation Specialist
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java ME 1 Mobile Application Developer