Oracle 1z0-877 : Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Certified Professional (Part I) Exam
The Oracle 1z0-877 Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator CP exam (Part I) is a 140-minute test with 63 total questions. It is the first required step in attaining an Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator certification, for system administrators who must perform essential system administration procedures on the Solaris Operating System and technical application support staff who must administer a network server running on the Solaris OS.
A recommended training course, System Administration for the Solaris 10 OS Part 1, is available for preparation. A practice exam and sample questions can also be accessed online. A passing score of 66% is required. The Oracle 1z0-877 exam is available in the English and Japanese languages.
The Oracle 1z0-877 exam will require participants to know how to do the following things:
1. Install software - explain and perform OS installation and upgrade options
2. Manage file systems - explain things like directory hierarchy and disk architecture, check and resolve file system inconsistencies, and perform mounts/unmounts, package administration, etc.
3. Install, configure, upgrade, and patch Solaris systems
4. Perform system backups and restores
5. Describe network basics, including controlling and monitoring network interfaces and explaining the client-server model
6. Manage virtual file systems, core dumps, and storage volumes
7. Perform user and security administration, and manage user accounts and initialization files
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java Platform, EE 6 Web Component Developer
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer
- Oracle Database 10g Real Applications Clusters Administrator Certified Expert
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 Programmer