Exin ITSM20F : IT Service Management Foundation based on ISO/IEC 20000 Exam
The Exin ITSM20F IT Service Management Foundation (based on ISO/IEC 20000) exam is an initial required examination in the ITSM qualification program. Earning the IT Service Management Foundation certification is a prerequisite for higher-level certifications in the program. The test consists of 40 multiple choice questions, 26 of which must be answered correctly in order to pass. A time limit of 60 minutes is imposed. The exam can be taken in the following languages: English, French, Dutch, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and Japanese.
The Exin ITSM20F exam is intended for IT professionals, service providers, and clients interesting in learning more about the ISO/IEC 20000 framework. Training courses are available for exam preparation; taking one, along with reading the associated literature and exam guides, is highly recommended for successful completion of this portion of the program. No prior knowledge is needed. Sample exam questions are available online.
Exam topics include:
1. Service architecture, design, and transition
2. Configuration management, change management, deployment and other control processes
3. Service level management, reporting, budgeting, information security management, and other service delivery processes
4. Relationship and resolution processes
5. The interconnected relationship of the different processes, and the processes found within those relationships
6. Concepts related to the overall view of the Service Management System
Candidates should assume basic to intermediate knowledge regarding IT Service Management and Quality Frameworks.