ACSM 030-333 : ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist Exam
The 030-333 ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist exam is available for individuals looking to improve the health of those inflicted with cardiovascular, pulmonary, and metabolic diseases and disorders. Participants who successfully complete the exam will work to develop and execute programs for enhancing aerobic endurance, balance, cardiovascular function, muscular strength, and range of motion. Promotion of lasting health behavior changes is a vital task of a CES.
To be credited, practical experience in a clinical exercise program is required. A Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology, certification as a Basic Life Support Provider or CPR professional, and a minimum number of experience hours is also required. Training for this exam can be done with study materials that can be purchased online, as well as enrollment in a two-day workshop or webinar.
The exam will consist of 100 scored questions and 35 unscored questions taken with a time limit of 3.5 hours. Specific knowledge within the following areas of competency is required:
1. Health Appraisal and Fitness Exercise Testing
2. Electrocardiography and Diagnostic Techniques
3. Pathophysiology and related Risk Factors
4. Exercise Physiology and Related Exercise Science
5. Exercise Training and Programming
6. Human Behavior and Nutrition
7. Patient Management and Possible Medications
8. Injury Prevention and other Safety Precautions